Evolution Surrenders!

Monday, November 21, 2005

But He Said He Was Sorry

This is a few days old, but it makes me sick everytime I think about:

BOSTON -- A member of the Saudi royal family learned Thursday where he will serve a prison sentence for running down a man while driving under the influence. NewsCenter 5's Jack Harper reported Bader Al-Saud, 23, pleaded guilty to running down and killing Orlando Ramos, of Cambridge, Mass, in 2002 while driving under the influence.
Al-Saud pleaded guilty after being assured he would serve one year at the jail of his choice.

The jail of his choice? It must be nice to be a Saudi royal. With good behavior he might do half of that time.

"I hope you understand the pain you have caused us, the misery we experience every year. I hope that every time you decide to drink that you remember the man you killed. I hope while you are in jail, that you realize the pain you caused a good family," said Ramos' sister, Regita.

Read the rest here.

So the Saud royals can go drink, run down and kill one of our citizens and have little to suffer in the way of penalties? What would Bader's Imam say? Never mind that last question, he's probably Wahhabi. However, not all the blame is to be put on the Sauds influence. At the end of the article it states that the maximum penalty for killing someone through drunk driving is 2 years. I wonder what the maximum penalty is for having several pounds of pot?

Stupidity abounds in Massachussetes. I believe it's time for these New Englanders to re-evaluate their priorities.
|
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Israel La'ad Charities
  • Rotten Tomatoes
    Search Movie/Celeb

    Advanced Search
    • About me. Becuase it's all about me.
    • Blogger Location: Austin TX for 4 years now.
    • A San Jose CA Native.
    • Do you know the way to fascism?
    • Vote Democrat or Republican to get there
    • stupiditysearch@yahoo.com
    • My political stance.
    • Test: What is your political leaning?
    Thanks to the following:

    Powered by Blogger

    Free Counters
    Free Counters



    States I've been proud to call home.:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    http://www.fg-a.com
  • Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    View My Stats